Formica heaven

I went tooling around some of my old London haunts the other day and came across the tea rooms I used to drink in many years ago. Sweet baby Buddha and all his little earthlings! What caught my eye was a sad sight indeed...... Its gone.
It was fantastic inside, still looking the same as it did in the 1960's, Formica tops and anaglypta wallpaper, a great big steamy hissy water thing and lashings of tea so strong you could re-sole your shoes with it....Nice. It was run by Renie and Geno, who settled over here in the early 60's from Italy. It was truly an oasis amidst a concrete hell. It made me feel very nostalgic and sad. R.I.P the 'Tea Rooms' may you brew on forever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHH Gino

Dave said...

Goddamn it your right it was Gino... but who are you?

Anonymous said...

Its all stripped out inside :-( No formica, no hissy thing and No lashings of lard. A small time zone fading into insignificance. R.I.P.
Bloodfly

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Wislon

I remember frequenting this very boutique with your old self. A sad passing indeed.

Rob

Dave said...

Ah Mr Rob, nice to hear from you. How is the land of the 'cheese eating surrender monkeys'?

The old tea rooms seems like such a long time ago...

..............................................................................................


All the photographs on this site were taken by me and as a result come with copyright conditions attached. Please ask before downloading anything. Thx.